Search This Blog

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Preparing the Compressor Room - Part 3

 "Wealth is the slave of a wise man.  The master of a fool." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

After etching the concrete, and allowing 48 hours of dry time, I figured that the concrete in the compressor room was dry enough for paint.  Below:  The first of two coats.





 I allowed the first coat to set up for a few hours, then finished with the second coat, and scattered the traction flakes around on the wet surface.  The instructions say to apply in 4ft x 4ft squares.  I did 3x3.





I stained the baseboards, but haven't installed them yet, because I've decided to apply a gloss coat to the floor.  After that's dry, I'll go ahead and install the wood trim, and then follow that with a door and some door trim.

 

The best part of this entire job was putting the paint stuff away, although I'll probably end up using it one more time for the clear-coat.


UPDATE 13 February 2022

I got a chance to make it down to town and picked up a gallon of Epoxy clear coat from Home Depot!  Not sure when I'll be able to lay it down, but at least the trip to town is out of the way.


Part 4 is here.



 



No comments: