Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 08, 2022

Preparing the Compressor Room - Part 2

 "Do not act as if you were going to live ten thousand years.  Death hangs over you.  While you live, while it is in your power, be good" - Marcus Aurelius

 Yesterday I made a run to town for parts and materials to complete the compressor room, but the dog became ill and blew all my planned activities out of the water.  The dog's eyes and snoot swelled up.  I gave her a Benadryl to reduce the histamines.  It reduced the swelling, but you could tell she was still really itchy.  Finally at 10:30 PM we took her to the emergency vet, who said, yeah she's having an allergic reaction, but who knows what is causing it.  

The vet gave us an anti-inflammatory steroid (prednisone), and told us to keep feeding her Benadryl when she was flaring up.  Still no idea what caused the issue.

Anyhow, the dog seems to be feeling much better, which is a relief.  

The stuff I bought for the compressor room:

Etching solution to prep the concrete, some floor paint and rolllers, plus the glitter chips that help with traction when the floor is wet.


Baseboards

An extra long drill to punch the hole for the 230 volt power cord through the ceiling to the 230 volt outlet in the mezzanine.  I learned my lesson with the last hole.

A set of vibration pads, a masonry bit, and three anchor bolts for the compressor feet.

That was yesterday...  Today I was able to finish painting (thats four coats of ultra-white) the room.  I prefer working in well-lit places.


The paint can lid was resting on this pallet, and when I picked it up, I managed to smack my head on the outlet valve of the compressor.  Most painful!  I'll probably survive.


 One thing about painting:  Once it's done, I'm usually so disgusted with the entire process that I just want to throw everything in the trash, and forget that I ever painted anything.  However, this crap has gotten so expensive that it would be insane to replace it every time something needs paint.  So I clean it - but it's not happy time.


 I started prepping the floor for paint today.  First I swept the floor, then brushed on the etch - which I suspect is just muriatic acid, and then rinsed the etch off, vacuumed and wiped down the floor with a rag.


The floor is currently drying with a fan, while the dehumidifier runs non-stop.  I'm getting really tired of all the junk being in the way of where I need to go, and the mess.  I just want it over with, and to get everything put away.

With luck, the floor will be dry enough tomorrow for paint.  Once that has dried, I can finally install the compressor, and think about finding a home for all the stuff that came out of this storage room.

Part 3






 

No comments: