Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2018

Several really good videos explaining electrical circuits

I mentioned in a previous post that I might be doing some posts on fundamentals of electronics.


The more I thought about that, the more I realized that there is no point in re-inventing the wheel.  There are people much better at explaining this stuff than I am.  For that reason, I'm simply going to point out a few excellent and videos other people have made.

Below, a video about electrical fundamentals:  Current, Voltage, and Resistance.  He then explains how to use Ohm's law to easily calculate electrical values in a basic circuit.  You can ignore the discussion about battery internal resistance if you like.  It's tangential to the fundamentals he discusses.




Kirchoff's Current Law:


Kirchoff's Voltage Law:  Awesome explanation!

Below, Big Clive helps us understand some basic electronic components, in addition to re-visiting some of the content in the above videos.  He has a pretty strong upland accent, which is pretty cool :)




2 comments:

Marc said...

These are terrific video's. I watched the first one and was still confused. Waited a week and had forgotten it all. Ah, life of forgetting things. Thanks for posting them though.

Mark said...

Yeah I hear what you are saying. I review them all from time to time as well, just to keep myself sharp-ish! LOL.