Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Instrumental Music

I'm a pretty big fan of most musical styles.  I keep my player on random shuffle and it played a couple of instrumental tunes on my way in to work this morning.  Thought I would share some of the instrumental stuff I keep in the playlist.  There's quite a bit of variety.  Some you will recognize, and hopefully there is some music that you've never heard before that you enjoy.  Take a quick listen if it's something you aren't familiar with.

Note:  You might have to click on the image, and then click "Watch on YouTube" at the bottom right.

Spyro Gyra - Shakedown.  Off their Alternating Currents Album.  The entire album is a treasure.

Pretty much anything by The Ventures

Benny Goodman Orchestra - Sing, Sing, Sing!


Azymuth - Indian Pepper.  Great Latin beat!

Manheim Steamroller - Toccata

The real Toccata and Fugue in D Minor by JS Bach, on a magnificent cathedral pipe organ.  I love classical music in general, but this is one of my favorites.

George Gershwin - Rhapsody in Blue

Another from that era:  Raymond Scott - Powerhouse

Al DiMeola - Mediterranean Sundance

The Reverend Horton Heat - Bullet

One of my all-time favorites, with many musical shifts: Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells



Hot Butter - Popcorn

An 80's remake of Popcorn by M&H (Better in my opinion)

Jeff Beck with Jan Hammer on keyboard - Freeway Jam

One of the old-time favorites:  Scott Joplin - Maple Leaf Rag

The Viscounts - Harlem Nocturne

There's much more great music, of course.  I can't begin to remember all the good instrumental tunes that I've listened to over the years.

No comments: