Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2023

Concert: Halestorm and Volbeat

 "Money amassed either rules us or serves us" - Horace

 My daughter and I went to a rock concert last night.  I have been wanting to see Volbeat play for several years, and finally they were playing at the local venue!  We first watched the opening band, Halestorm.  They were good, and the singer had an *amazing* set of pipes!  Incredible range, and her pitch was absolutely perfect live - a rarity.  I am here to tell you that she never missed a note.  She's a legit guitarist, but her vocals are like... wow!  The band is named after the lead singer, Elizabeth Hale.

Below is pretty much the entire show that we saw Halestorm perform - and it was a very good performance indeed.  It's pretty cool that the drummer is her younger brother.  They formed their band when she was just 13, and he was only 10 years old.  I will definitely see them if they come to a local venue again.

Below are a few photos of Halestorm as they played.











 And then there was the featured band.  I had mentioned in the previously linked post that I've wanted to see Volbeat (with guitarist Rob Caggiano) for many years.  Unfortunately, when Volbeat took the stage, Rob was not anywhere to be seen.  I was pretty confused, since he has been with Volbeat for 10 years.  Instead, another guy was there, more or less playing the right notes :(  I don't want to be unkind to the new fella - it must incredibly difficult to step into Rob's shoes and try to properly fill them.  I would not want to be in that situation...


 Flemming C. Lund, the replacement lead guitarist, did a great job filling in the spot, but he wasn't Rob Caggiano - and that's because nobody is.  Props to him for stepping in and allowing fans to see Volbeat live on tour.  Apparently, he had three weeks to learn the lead guitar parts for enough Volbeat songs to go on tour with them. 

Below is Rob Caggiano, describing how Leviathan is played - which I wish would have been on the playlist :(

 It's difficult to describe how disappointed I was to miss the opportunity to see Rob play live... ...that said, Volbeat put on a solid show.  Michael Poulsen is a phenomenal entertainer, musician, songwriter, and vocalist.  He was worth watching, in addition to the other current band members.  Just wish I'd had the chance to see Rob Caggiano play with Volbeat as a band member.

I would be lying if I said the concert was as good as the one below:

Or this one...

While I was disappointed not being able to see Rob play live, I wish the remaining Volbeat band members ongoing success, and wish Rob success in his future endeavors.  There is plenty of talent for everyone to do very well into the future.  Luck to all.  Photos of the concert follow.


















No comments: