Search This Blog

Friday, May 31, 2019

Explosion in the paint cabinet

I've been wanting for a long time to have a legit flammables cabinet.

I haven't bought one though, because they are freaking expensive!

The little cabinet below is 3ft high, 2ft wide, and 18 inches deep.  It costs $400 on Amazon.  $400 for nine cubic feet of storage.  That's a little steep for me, and it probably wouldn't even hold everything I have that's flammable.

Below is the cabinet that I'd really like to keep stuff in.  It would probably hold everything I have that is flammable too.  It also costs $860.

Pictured below is what I have for flammable storage - a wood cabinet.  I suppose most people don't worry too much about storing their flammables either.  You might notice there was some sort of event in the middle section that contains the paint and solvents.  Something blue-green seems to have gone all over the place!

I was able to figure out the source of the splatters.  I'm just really happy there was no ignition source nearby when the seam of this can of spray paint failed.

1 comment:

Marc said...

After reading your post I decided to take a look and my first thought was some old school lockers. You'd have to add shelves. Not sure how available they might be, especially in your area but it is a good time of year for it. For new ones, check the following link: https://www.schoollockers.com/metal-lockers?campaign=Metal_Lockers&adgroup=Metal_Lockers&keyword=metal%20lockers&matchtype=p&gclid=EAIaIQobChMImsbZkYjs4gIVFL3sCh2oZAVnEAAYAyAAEgKvNfD_BwE

The prices are cheaper than Amazon but a bit high for my budget. Might be worth checking.