Search This Blog

Friday, April 12, 2019

Minor home improvement stuff

I've had a couple of minor projects in mind recently, but there was always something else more pressing. 

The first was to swap the workbench shop lighting over from fluorescent tubes to LED tubes.

In the first picture, I've already replaced the left two fixtures.  The fluorescents are always dim when the shop is cold, until they have warmed up.  I gave them time to warm before taking this picture.  Click to enlarge.

Below, all tubes replaced.

Also I took time to assemble my new barber chair.  It's quite an upgrade from the old barber chair, which was a couple of upside-down paint buckets that I stacked together.

2 comments:

Marc said...

The new LED's are a bit brighter than the fluorescent tubes, and personally I like that. Your shop is very clean and organized. Quite the opposite from my much smaller garage. It looks great!

Mark said...

Thanks Marc,
Sometimes - especially during projects, or over the course of winter - things get very disorganized. I feel quite a bit of distress when I let that happen, so I try to keep it (mostly) uncluttered.