Search This Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Checking out the 2245A Tektronix Oscilloscope and accessories

I had a chance to power up the new (to me) 2245A oscilloscope today and take a few pictures.  Of the bunch I just bought, this is probably the least exciting one.  It's the base model of the series of 2245, 2246 and 2247.  On the other hand, it's a very clean scope, both electrically and mechanically.  So while it doesn't have a lot of extended functions, it has that going for it!
 Channel 1 works!

Channel 2 also works perfectly.  It looks like both channels could stand to have a little calibration.  This is a 5 volt signal, and the scale is set at 1 volt per division vertically.  However the wave on both channels is a bit taller than 5 divisions, so it's reading maybe 5% too high. 

Both channel 3 and 4 work as well - however, you can't adjust the height (volts/division) on these channels.  I didn't have the laptop handy to reduce the signal voltage to fit onto the display, so I'm not showing pictures of those channels right now.


Below, some of the probes that came with the new oscilloscopes.  I need to spend a little time learning which one to use, and when and why.

This one is good up to 150 MHz.  I only have one scope that goes that high anyway.

I got two of these 6105 probes. Good up to 100 MHz.

Also good up to 100 MHz.

The probes were pretty well kinked and not well coiled.  I strung them up and added a little weight in an attempt to straighten them out over the next few days.



In the pouch for this scope I found a tech manual for a 7D01 Logic Analyzer, but the Logic Analyzer is not among the stuff that I bought.  Hopefully I can find someone who needs this item.

A picture inside the Logic Analyzer tech manual.  I have no idea how this thing works, or what it's supposed to plug into.  It looks like it plugs into some kind of cage, as it has no top or side panels.  It's probably as obsolete as the stuff it was designed to monitor...  Well outside my area of knowledge

No comments: