Search This Blog

Sunday, November 04, 2018

Music to help move a workout along...

Looking for suggestions for uptempo music.  Most classic rock doesn't cut it with the tempo, along with country.

Some of the stuff I currently listen to for cardio and weight training (in no particular order):



Blink-182
Bad Religion
Social Distortion
Rage Against the Machine
The Offspring
System of a Down
Basia - Time and Tide  (good for cardio - not gritty enough for lifting)
Most Funk
Most Disco
The Dead Kennedys
Disturbed
Great White
Iron Maiden
Moby
Booker T
Dance Music
Ska
The Knack
Tool
Volbeat
Sammy Hagar (more than just this one song of course!)
Buckcherry

There's more.  I'll add as I think of more.  Additions appreciated!




3 comments:

Marc said...

I'm not a fan of lyrics, as it distracts me terribly. So, when I need an upbeat piece of music I pick something along the line of Ayla(DJ Taucher Mix), or Paul Van Dyk and Ian Van Dahl. Can't recall some of the others. I subscribe to Pandora and have a station called "Christian West Radio" and it's a lot of the faster beat, mostly instrumental music. If you have a good sub-woofer or speakers with good bass then this music would fit the bill.

Mark said...

Thanks! I'll check those out!

Marc said...

Here are a couple other's to check out:
Audiomachine
Darude