Search This Blog

Saturday, November 10, 2018

First snow this season

Snow started while I was at work yesterday.  I was a little surprised that it was able to stick - not to mention accumulate a couple of inches!


Early afternoon.  Cars getting covered up.

Yep, need to clean off the glass.

I'm so glad I work where the major power plant equipment is indoors.  Most power plants are outdoors.  I parked near the gas turbine exhaust to help melt off the snow after everyone left for the day.

This morning, a pleasant, if dark view from atop the boiler.  It's since brightened up.  The cloud layer is not very deep, just dense!


1 comment:

Marc said...

I like it! Would love to have a good snowfall this winter. Normally we get so little snow, if any at all. And, of course, any forecast of snow will prompt the closure of schools. Sure wasn't that way when we were in school. Thanks for posting the pictures.