Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Isn't that *special*?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060523/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/veterans_disk

So today I learned that my Social Security number and birthdate were taken home by a data analyst for Veteran Affairs - and then stolen! It *does not* make me feel better that he wasn't authorized to do so. It also *does not* make me feel better that regarding the thieves, "It's highly probable that they do not know what they have.".

What if this rash of burglaries in the analyst's neighborhood are merely cover for the real crime: acquisition of 26 million names and social security numbers. Hmmm, I'd feel a whole lot better if the guy was just a mole working for China or Russia inside the Pentagon.

Anyway, I'm pissed enough about it that I spammed my representatives, then I sent a mass e-mail out to all my ex-military pals, asking them to spam their representatives. I don't normally do things like this, but... c'mon! Oh I can't wait for strange bills to start showing up in the mail. *%#$$^#@$%!!!!

No comments: