Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 08, 2020

This time of year

 "Life is neither good nor evil, but only a place for good and evil" - Marcus Aurelius

There are a ton of things that I would like to be doing right now...  if I had the free time for it.  Time is what is in the shortest supply in my life, and this time of year it's in shorter supply than normal.  Decorating is an ordeal.  Most of the decorations are in the basement or shop, and it's up to me to haul them to the appropriate place.  I try not to be selfish with my limited time, but it gets old having almost no time to do what I enjoy doing.

On the back burner due to the holidays, in no particular order:

It would be nice to have time to clean the tools and crap from half a dozen quickie jobs off my work bench.  This pisses me off whenever I look at it, but I'm always in a hurry to get back to what needs to be done in the house - no time to put stuff away.  I detest clutter.

This is from slapping together the Christmas tree assembly stand right before I had to go to work.

I haven't forgotten about the Voigt pipes, but if I took a day off out in the shop to finish them right now, there would be hell to pay.  They are up off the floor so that snow-melt from the plow truck and snow blower doesn't ruin them.


Yeah I'd like to be finishing these speakers, cleaning up the Masi, or restoring that old generator (it really needs some wheels added too).  But between Christmas chores and work, it ain't gonna happen right now.

I really can't wait for winter solstice to be past.  Longer days, more time to unwind, and a chance to get things done.





 

1 comment:

Marc said...

Nice workout room. Wish I had that kind of space. The speakers are looking good. Your shop isn't nearly as cluttered as mine. I wouldn't say mine is even organized, let alone an organized mess. You say you don't have time, and I've no doubt about that. I have tons of time but either can't get motivated or think of what it is I need to get done. Is always something.