Search This Blog

Friday, December 04, 2020

Great 80's Music

 

 "Do the things external which fall upon you distract you?  Give yourself time to learn something new and good, and cease to be whirled around" - Marcus Aurelius


 

Some cool tunes shuffled up to the top yesterday evening on my way to work, which lead to this post.  I thought it would be neat to mention a couple of really good not-so-famous albums I'm fond of that were released in the 80's:

David Benoit - This Side Up.  Linking a few tracks.  There is no full album listing on YouTube.




Hollis Gentry - Neon.  Great album from beginning to end... an amazing sax player.  Sadly, he was killed in a car crash in 2006, at the age of 51. 


And one I've mentioned before, and will probably mention again.  Spyro Gyra - Alternating Currents.  Again, no full album - so I'm linking a few tracks.






Basia - Time and Tide


 

Simply Red - Picture Book



Enya - Watermark.  Everyone knows the song Orinoco Flow.  I have always preferred the rest of the album to that one hit song.  Below is the hit song, followed by a couple of other songs from the album.



No comments: