Search This Blog

Monday, December 07, 2020

The Pogues

 "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane" - Marcus Aurelius

A very appropriate quote for the times...

A couple of years ago, I requested this album for Christmas and received it. 

I promptly ripped the CD and added it to the 4000 or so songs on the thumb drive in my car.  Every once in a while one of the songs comes around on shuffle.  This morning on the way home from work, one song came up that I had not heard before, and it really touched me.  It's the last song on the track listing.

"Waltzing Matilda" is Australian slang for going on a walkabout with a pack slung over your shoulder.

With no further comment - The Band Played Waltzing Matilda by the Pogues





No comments: