Search This Blog

Monday, April 09, 2018

The past weekend...

...was cut short, as I was called in to work one day.  That left me with 48 hours off, the beginning 7 hours of which I had to sleep.  I got off work at 6:00 AM and trudged off to bed.  That left me with half of Saturday.  Church took half of Sunday.  The weekend was brief.


I used the opportunity to remove the snow plow from the truck.  It's really easy to remove - jack it up a little bit, pull two retaining pins and the electrical connector, then back the truck away.  Done!  The hard part is storing it once you have it off the truck.  It's really heavy - about 800lb.  I bought several furniture dollys just for that purpose.  With those, I can roll it into a corner of the shop for the summer months.

The tricky part is lifting one end of the plow while trying to kick a dolly underneath it.  Takes a bit of practice and a LOT of straining and grunting.

After I finished with the plow, I took a huge load of trash to the dump, installed a couple of new power strips on my work bench, then came outside to the most amazing sky!  A beautiful rainbow and glory.

Later there was an awesome sunset.  I've missed clear skies.  We didn't have much of that this winter/spring.

And of course, the kids were chilling together next to the fire.

Although short, it was enjoyable and semi-productive.

No comments: