Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

What type of music don't I like?

On a more eccentric note, I have been having a blast watching forgotten old music videos.  There are a raft of music videos that everyone has seen.  Then there are those eclectic videos that are nearly forgotten, those are the ones I've been enjoying watching and listening to.

I love pretty much all music.  Classical, Big Band, Punk, Blues, etc etc.  This is just a hodge-podge of fun videos that I wanted to stick up here for the moment.

New Wave!  Devo - one of their less well-known cover songs.  Blows the Rolling Stones away!  "Can't Get me no..." Love the robotic movements!


  Punk.  The Dead Kennedys.  Holiday in Cambodia.  The lyrics to this song crack me up :)

More Punk.  Bad Religion.


Roman Holliday - A little early-1980's swing.

 
Oingo Boingo.  Yep that's Danny Elfman, the acclaimed movie soundtrack producer, back when he was frontman for an offbeat little band.



 

Billy Preston.  I grew up listening to this awesome musician on Top 40 AM radio.   I miss funk music!!!



 

More funk.  The Commodores.   That's Lionel Ritchie on the keyboard :) 



Blues too.  Foghat does the best boogie-woogie version of "Sweet Home Chicago".  The studio version is absolutely awesome, but this live version comes pretty close!  I am a huge fan of slide guitar...


Another awesome slide guitar video.  Roy Rogers.

 
Spanish Guitar also works!  Paco de Lucia and Al DiMeola.


Booker T. and the MG's.  Time is tight.  Just offstage you can see the members of Creedence Clearwater Revival rocking out :)  A couple of these guys were in the Blues Brothers movie.

Dave Brubeck.  Early Modern Jazz

Joe Satriani.  

  

Lindsey Buckingham of Fleetwood Mac soloing Big Love. Awesome accoustic guitar work. 



Miserlou, the classic version

Miserlou, the surf-rock version

No comments: