Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Happy (almost) Thanksgiving

...and I'm working, of course.  Haven't had a major holiday off in a couple of years now.  It's not that easy being the newest guy at a facility.  Reminds me of when I was in the Navy, and all the married guys would get cut loose over the holidays.  All the single guys would get stuck babysitting the ship.

A couple of things have come up since my last post.  I read an amazing blog post by a lady who describes the hopelessness of being poor.  Day after day, year after year.  She is highly intelligent and self-aware, and happily, her post has gone viral.  She is hoping to write a book soon, and I would certainly want to read and buy it.

Here is her post.  Go read it now.  She is trying to do good things with her 15 minutes of internet fame.  Awesome lady.

Let's also be thankful for what we have.

No comments: