Search This Blog

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Overtime

I was asked to come in on Sunday and Monday for overtime. GE has finished doing the highly technical and specialized work on the gas turbines and closed them up. Now it's time for us unspecialized and not-so-technical people to get everything aligned for operation. There's a lot of work to do, and it's difficult for 3 man crews to accomplish.

I also happen to want the money. Yesterday I moved the RV to a different storage unit and paid a year in advance to save 15%. It still cost $500. Between that and replacing everything I lost in the lunchbox the other day, I figure that will suck up everything I earn today and tomorrow on overtime *sigh*.

Well, at least I'm not going backwards financially. I really don't know how most families do it...

No comments: