Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2023

1960 F100 - A new chapter dawns

 "While the fates permit, live happily; life speeds on with a hurried step, and with winged days the wheel of the headlong year is turned." - Lucius Annaeus Seneca

 We had some visitors over for dinner last night - A young married couple who are stationed at Fairchild Air Force Base in Spokane.  The young man is about to be forward-deployed to Qatar for a while, and his wife will remain behind in Spokane over the winter months.  

The young lady is my wife's niece, so we wanted her to know where we are, and how to get here.  It was also the first time we had met either of them.  Nice kids.  I told them to let me know if there's anything at all that they need - and sent them home with a small electric snowblower that I no longer use.

The previous day, my friend had flown home, and I had half a day before the next visitors arrived - but the F100 project was on my mind.  So with my free half-day, I stowed away several year's worth of clutter from around the truck.  

Below:  Let's see what we've got in the way - A battery charger, two propane tanks, bug sprayer, box of ice melt, rodent poison, snow blower, two bikes, fertilizer spreader, sand bags for traction, several 5 gallon soda syrup containers that I use as beer kegs, with red boxes stacked on them, a white cabinet that used to be in the air compressor room, and a bunch of home brewing stuff in the bed of the truck.

Below:  The bed is still a storage unit, but at least I can get to the truck.  I found homes for the other stuff, or put it up on the mezzanine. 

I'll probably push the truck over to the center so that I can get access to all sides for a while.  The plow truck will be OK outside until vacation is over.  Hopefully no rodents take up residence


 

 

No comments: