Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2022

Weekend update

 "He who eats my bread does my will." - Marcus Aurelius

 I'm back to doing a great deal of overtime again.  It's hunting season, so everyone who hunts wants time off.  Also one of the few control room-qualified guys turned in his notice.  I had the weekend off, so it was trash day, lawn mowing and a bit of winter prep.  Nothing serious. 

I refilled the fuel containers that were emptied over the previous year.

I began the tedious work of bucking the logs that were felled a couple of seasons ago by the tree service.  I'll turn those into firewood and maybe sell it.  I didn't very get far with that project, as it's still really warm.

The Western Conifer Seed Bugs are swarming, so I sprayed the siding of the house with Permethrin.  This time of year they are seeking warm places to lay up.

This was my first go-around with Permethrin, and I'm happy to say that it works well.  I just wish I had a respirator to wear while I was spraying it.  One is on order now that has activated charcoal filters.

Confession:  Just before they banned it for residential use, I bought gallons and gallons of Spectracide Organophosphate pesticide.  That stuff works great, but it also leaves behind a really sticky residue. 


No comments: