Search This Blog

Monday, August 01, 2022

August update

 "It is man's peculiar duty to love even those who wrong him." - Marcus Aurelius

I've been cutting myself quite a bit of slack recently, after taking some time off work to assist with the church yard sale.  Trying to get back on track with better habits!

That project involved several days out in the heat - humping a lot of heavy stuff out of the church garage for display, installing new lighting in the garage while the junk was removed, then humping stuff that hadn't sold back inside.  It all took place during a weekend of high temperatures.  Afterwards, I went right back to work again.  So I goofed off for a week, while eating snack garbage food.  

To be honest, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the clutter that's now taking up space in my shop and garage.  It's really very demotivating having all this stuff that doesn't belong to me in the way of stuff I want to get at.  When  you have to spend 10 minutes moving something aside to get what you want, and knowing you will have to move it back afterwards, it's very disheartening, and it saps your willpower.  

I'm going to be hauling truckloads of this *junk* to charity ASAP, because it's also annoying that storing someone else's clutter is having this negative effect on my own life.  There's an old proverb I have to remind myself of from time to time: "Two things a man should never be angry about - those things he can't change, and those things he can.".  It's time to take action and change some things, so that I can stop being annoyed.

Enough of that crap.

It is wildfire season again.  The smoke is drifting through the region.  These images are taken a day apart, from roughly the same location.  In the top image the weather was pretty still and the smoke was south and high altitude.  In the bottom image, it was very windy and the smoke had mixed and come down to ground level.  I'm pretty sure this smoke is from the McKinney Fire in Northern Californa.


If you live in the woods, you develop a sense of concern when you see smoke on the horizon.


 

No comments: