Search This Blog

Monday, April 26, 2021

Firing up the limbs

 "A city is not adorned by external things, but by the virtue of those who dwell in it." - Epictetus

OK then, I can't think of too many virtuous cities, at least not in the US!

So I had a couple of days off - well the actual time off was much less than that due to some other commitments.  I still got a couple of piles burned, which is always a long-winded affair, since they have to be watched carefully.

Below:  This is actually three trees that were felled in the same direction.  They have all been limbed and the limbs have been burned.  Each limb is like an average size Christmas tree.


Below:  About to get started.  I have a special pair of pants and one sweatshirt that I wear for this.  Both have lots of holes burned in them from the flying embers.

Below:  My first double-burn.  I was happy that the left pile didn't ignite and take off like the right pile did.  That one required a lot of water to suppress the intensity of the flame.



No comments: