Search This Blog

Saturday, November 14, 2020

That Seventies Top 40 sound

 Once again on the way to work, the old memory stick delivered.  It must have been in a Seventies Pop music mood this morning.  I can't say I like all of these songs equally.  The Sanford & Townsend and the ZZ Top ones are probably my favorites of this bunch.  The ZZ top song, being blues instead of pop, didn't get a lot of airplay back in the day.  Still it was cool going down memory lane.


Oh yeah, and just before I pulled in the gate at work, this little gem from the early 2000's popped up.  Funny story: When I lived in Ridgecrest, I became acquainted with a guy I knew as "Tex", who it turns out is the father of Blink-182's bass player/singer, Mark Hoppus.  If I'd known that, I'd have attempted a meet-up, or at least tried to get an autographed album!






No comments: