Search This Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Cute Makita Drill

We were going through my late father-in-law's stuff recently, and came across a cordless Makita drill.

It's a nice little drill with a hard plastic case, two batteries, and a charger.  It's getting old, and not as powerful as a modern Lithium-Ion powered drill.  My brother-in-law only wanted his father's drill if the batteries worked.  It didn't make sense to ship it back east, then have to spend even more money to buy batteries.  Of course the batteries were dead, dead, dead.  Nothing I could do would bring them back to life. 

As a result of the batteries being toast, I ended up with the drill.  It's in nearly perfect condition, with the exception of the batteries.  The original batteries were Makita model 1220, Below.

My next stop was Amazon.com, where I entered "Makita 1220" in the search bar.  China makes a knock-off replacement battery of unknown quality.  I was able to pick up two of these for $40.

The case needed a wipe-down inside and out, but it's really a pretty sweet rig for just the cost of replacement batteries.  This will probably save me a lot of trips out to the shop when I need to take care of minor repairs in the house.


Like I said, it's almost brand new, and the price was good.  A similar rig with modern Lithium Ion batteries retails for $100, so not too bad a deal.

No comments: