Search This Blog

Sunday, February 08, 2015

Sixth vehicle - 1978 Kawasaki KE125

The sixth vehicle I owned was a brand-new Kawasaki KE125.  This was an awful, under-powered motorcycle with a six speed transmission (to make the most of its meager 13 horsepower).  This was a dual-purpose bike.  It had suspension and tires for off-road, but it also had a headlight, horn and turn signals.  That way you didn't need to haul the motorcycle to the off-road trail in the back of your truck (which I didn't have).

The bike looked like this:

There were a couple of good things about this bike.  It got me around reliably, and without too much expense.  But the most important thing about this bike is that it taught me that I was dreadful at riding off-road.  I didn't own it very long, and did not miss it in any way.

No comments: