Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Sledding Raven

I saw this video and had to put it up.  This raven is sledding (or snowboarding) using what appears to be the lid from a jar. 


 EDIT:  I see this video is no longer viewable because of the originating country.  Utterly stupid political censorship of... a freaking raven.  Hopefully the *exact same video* from a different source can remain up.

 


I was never very fond of ravens, but I changed my mind after meeting one when I lived in the high desert.  This raven had been tamed by a friend, and was a pretty cool pet.  The raven had a collection of shiny stuff - coins, pull-tops from beer cans, aluminum foil, etc.  When you would give him a piece of dry dog food, he would go to his treasures and bring you back something that he valued in exchange. 

How cool is that?  Too bad people can't understand this basic exchange!

No comments: