Search This Blog

Monday, June 24, 2013

New musical discovery - Jonathon Wilson

Taking a quick break from power plants...

I was reading Boing Boing today.  One of the articles was a rave review about musician Jonathon Wilson, and how under-appreciated he is.

The review was *SO* over the top in praise that I decided to have a listen to some of his tunes on SoundCloud.  The dude is damn good.  You have to like the late 60's acid rock style like Pink Floyd & The Moody Blues to appreciate the cool retro sound he's creating.  He sounds a lot like Floyd when they were at the top of their game. 

It took some adjustment on my part to give these songs enough time to get flowing.  Most of the music I listen to these days starts thrashing immediately :)  I really like this first song. 





No comments: