Search This Blog

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Quick update, late January 2024

 "The US policy toward the third world should be depopulation." - Henry Kissinger, former US secretary of State

 Looks like that policy is still in place, long after the man left government.  Enjoy your eternity in lava, Henry.

The internet and the government are currently enraged over some AI-generated images of Taylor Swift that they find objectionable.  I found one of them that is particularly outrageous.  

Warning: NSFW in coastal regions of the US

A while back, I mentioned going to the dermatologist and getting froze, cut and burnt within the span of about 10 minutes.  At the time I didn't mention it, but he also found some basal cell carcinoma on my head and temple, and prescribed some cream.  I didn't want to alarm my mom over the holidays, so I started the treatment after she left.

This cream will absolutely root out every bit of basal cell carcinoma, but the process ain't pretty - which is why I waited for mom to leave.  She worries too much already.  The red stuff is unhappy cancer cells.  Nothing to worry about friends, I've been through this before.  There's just too much of it to freeze, so the cream is better.


On to happier things.  The LED replacement at work is going well.  All the lights that could be reached from the bridge crane are replaced, so we have moved on to using man-lifts.  I find that spotting for the man-lift nearly as nerve-wracking as being up in it.  Also your neck gets really sore after a while.

One of the unnerving things about the man-lifts is that there is so much equipment and piping inside, that you have to choreograph how to get up where you need to be.  Roll over here, lift the arm up 30 degrees, rotate, roll forward 30 feet, rotate some more, extend the boom.  Replace the light fixture.  Reverse the process. 

We are *almost* ready for the 2024 spring outage.  This outage will involve a generator rewind, which I've never seen in 40 years in the business.  I'm looking forward to seeing that!





No comments: