Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Everything I touch lately turns to...

 "Do not be ashamed of help" - Marcus Aurelius

I recently worked on the motorbike brakes and bled the clutch and rear brake.  The front caliper is leaking brake fluid, and the levers have no resistance to them :(

I didn't ever resolve the issue with the Subaru's EVAP system, and the check engine light is on once again.

The Explorer that I replaced the rear wheel bearings and emergency (parking) brake on, the wheel almost caught fire after a trip to town.  Oddly, it behaved well on the way to town (a trip to the car wash to prep it for sale), but was nearly on fire when we returned home.  I've no idea yet what happened.

I'm not ashamed to ask for help, as our stoic reminds us today.  

However, if I'm able to fix it myself, I'd prefer so save the expense and enjoy overcoming the challenge.  I just have to figure out what I've done wrong on each of these jobs.   Meanwhile, it's just a bit demoralizing...

Then there's the tractor engine that still has a leaking rear engine seal, the voigt pipe speakers that remain to be completed, the compressed air distribution system, and a few other half-finished projects that need to be placed on the front burner.  

First things first though - troubleshoot, repair and sell the damn car.  Before winter.  Snow tire season is just 3 weeks away.

 


No comments: