Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2021

Another Cover Song - Ring of Fire

 This song played on the way in to work today, and it reminded me of an earlier post where I discussed cover tunes.

 I've always loved "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash.  The intro with the Mexican trumpets is absolutely brilliant, and the rest of the song is really pleasing in all respects to the ear.

There is a cover of this song that I also like very much.  It's mainly great because the original song is so awesome, but I also like punk music a lot.  I'm pretty fond of the pick drags right before each verse.  This was the version that came up on the way to work.  My ears are still ringing from the volume being turned way way up, hahaha.


If I had to choose one over the other version, it would be difficult. 


No comments: