Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Tektronix Oscilloscope Score!

I'm a big fan of Craigslist.  Every once in a great while, you come across a screaming deal.  Today was my day for that.

There was an ad for a Tektronix Oscilloscope, Model 2247A like the one below.  They wanted $50, and it was in working condition.  This is a great price for any working 4 channel Tek oscilloscope.

I called the seller and I said I would buy it sight unseen on Friday.  Then I had to wait over the 3 day President's Day weekend before I could pick it up today.

Turns out they had more Tek oscilloscopes that they were getting rid of.  This was a tech business that had made the switch to digital storage scopes.  These older ones were no longer in use, and were wasting space.

They also had three 2246A scopes, three 2235 scopes, and two 2225 scopes.  A couple did not work.  I bought them all, for cheap.  The ones that didn't work cost $5 each.

My stash after I got it loaded on a moving dolly.   Awesome stuff!

I'll get them cleaned up and working and sell off all but a couple.  I want a couple of low-end ones for goofing around.

1 comment:

Marc said...

In spite of my dad's expertise and experience with electronics, I've not a clue. Lol!