Search This Blog

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Home Projects - refurbishing a rocker

A relative has been keeping some stuff in my shop.  One of these items was an outdoor glider rocker that was in bad shape.  I had promised a while back that I would refurbish it for them.

It took me a while to get around to refurbishing the rocker, because I have had far more important projects to finish.  

The rocker was missing a few screws, so the frame wasn't even really intact.  There was a great deal of rust and flaking paint.  Lastly the wood had lost its protective coating.  The wood had turned gray and developed water stains.  

I took it completely apart, and used a wire wheel to remove the rust and flaking paint.  All the wood I removed, sanded down to clean surface, and coated with a paraffin-based sealer.

Unfortunately I didn't take a "before" picture of the wreck.  Here's what it looks like now.

No comments: