Search This Blog

Saturday, March 03, 2018

Token post

This is to let any regular readers know that I'm still alive and interested in the stuff this blog is about.  We just had a very busy Christmas/Winter season, and have had some difficult pet issues to deal with.  Also I have been busy re-discovering a very enjoyable bit of knowledge that captured my interest back when I was a much younger man. 

My Navy and subsequent career took me away from that area of interest, but I'm probably going to take it back up as a hobby, and perhaps even as a side business.  It should have a reasonably good synergy with my hobby of wood working.  Hope you are interested and stay tuned!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty cool picture. I saw you had a pretty bad winter and sorry about the pet issues. I know how that goes since we have three and they can get interesting. Anyway I will stay tuned on your blog.

Mark said...

Thanks Mel. Yep the poor dog had to undergo spinal surgery... you know how dachshunds can be. We're hoping she gets use of her back legs again and can control her bodily functions. Right now things are not fun...

Unknown said...

Yeah so sorry about that. We had Dachshunds, 3 of them, had to put them down because of various ailments but they had a great life with us. We now have 3 Chihuahuas. Ankle biters. LOL
Good luck on the recovery.

Marc said...

I'm curious what activity you are referring to, back in your pre-Navy days? Don't recall any woodworking back then but certainly can be a great hobby to have. Looking forward to hearing more. Sorry about the pet/dog issues. Can't imagine dealing with that. I have 1 dog, which you may already know if you've read my blog. Then the wife and child have 2 cats between them. Not fond of the cats. One is 18 years old and has had it's own problems. Hope your dog is recovering well.