Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

KH500 Refurbishment - fixing and replacing odds and ends

I worked on a couple of items on the bike this past day off.  It's not like I had a ton of time to tinker, but I did what I could.



The sight glass in the oil tank had become discolored over the years.  It's pretty difficult to see the oil level at the best of times, let alone with the plastic all discolored.



The turn signal plastic lenses had faded.  Also the turn signal was road-rashed.


 The tachometer cable passes through an aluminum cover before connecting to the tach drive gear on the engine.  The sealing grommet was split and therefore useless.

Pass-through hole for the tachometer cable.

The headlight retaining ring had road-rash.  Also the headlight lens had some internal haze to it.  I washed it out with dishwashing detergent and rinsed it out with de-ionized water used for ironing.

Below, road rash on the left side, haze inside.  New ring in the box.




The rubber cup is supposed to seal the headlight...  I guess it only works so well.

Headlight all cleaned out.  Leaving the bulb out for a bit to ensure the interior gets dry.







No comments: