Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Basement is finished!!!

We ordered some cheap industrial carpet for the big 30x15 room in the basement to finish it up.  The carpet was installed on Wednesday, and our handyman installed the baseboards on Friday. 

I could have done the baseboards (I have installed my own before), but I wanted it done quickly and without having to lose a couple of my days off over the job.  The handyman matched the stain and style, then clear-coated them all before even coming over to do the job. 

While he was installing the baseboards, I replaced the light fixtures with something more appealing than the old ceramic bases and bare bulbs.


After the baseboards went in, I set up my home gym. It's been a LONG time since I've had this set up, and I never had this amount of room before. It used to be on one side of the garage in Bakersfield, which was pretty tight. We put down the interlocking foam sheets for two reasons: 1) So I don't cut the new carpet when I drop a weight, and 2) I sweat like a pig when exercising, and didn't want to sweat all over the new carpet either :)

The other end of the big room will be for storage, and we have a lot of work do do in that respect. We still have a ton of boxes to unpack, but have stacked boxes containing most of my wife's seasonal decorations. One more rack like this and a couple of Home Depot cabinets, and we should be set.

This is what we started with.  So glad it's finished!!

No comments: